Terms and Conditions
The Legal Bits
Company Terms & Conditions
1. Applemed Exhibitions (the Company) shall hire / supply furniture, fittings and accessories to the Customer named on the following terms and conditions only.
2. The Customer is solely responsible for the equipment and is required to insure against all risks including but not limited to full replacement value of the hire furniture. The period of insurance must include 5 days prior to the first day of the hire period set out on the order form and at least 5 days after its conclusion. Only when all hire furniture has been returned and accepted back by the Company will the hire period be deemed to end.
3. The hire period shall commence on the day set out on the order form or the day of delivery which ever is the sooner.
4. The Customer undertakes to keep the equipment in good order and condition and to return all of them to the Company in such order and condition. In the event of any article being damaged and requiring repair, the Customer will pay the full cost of such repair. If items are damaged beyond repair and require replacement, the Customer will pay the full cost of this replacement. In addition a loss of hire charge not exceeding 12% per day of the retail value of the damaged furniture will be paid by the Customer should the Company not receive payment within 10 days of the written demand.
5. Prior to commencement of supply the Customer may have to pay a deposit to the Company in the sum specified on the order acknowledgement as security of the performance of the Customer’s obligations hereunder.
6. The Company will endeavour to deliver and collect the goods at the time indicated by the Customer, but will not be liable for any loss (including indirect contingent or consequential loss) damage costs claims or expenses incurred should any delay or delivery failure due to circumstances beyond its control including but not limited transportation disputes or shortages of labour.
7. It is the duty of the Customer to provide a duly authorised representative at the site to accept the delivery / installation and to give a written receipt of their safe delivery and shall be precluded from disputing delivery of the hire furniture in good condition and the Customer will be deemed to have accepted the delivery and these conditions.
8. No Liability shall attach to the Company for loss or damage to customers own goods howsoever caused.
9. Thirty days notice of cancellation is required before commencement in writing to the company to avoid a full rate charge for the whole of the period.
10. At the discretion of the Company a charge of not less than 25% of the total quoted charge may be made in respect of cancelled orders.
11. The Customer shall pay the Company the amount set out on the invoice before the payment date specified on the invoice. Should the Company not receive payment in full within this time the Customer shall be liable to pay interest on the Late Payment at 2.5% above the lending rate of Lloyds Bank Plc.
12. If any items supplied are not returned by the Customer to the Company at the end of the previously agreed period or within 7 days of a written demand from the Company, the Company reserves the right to make a written demand for and the Customer shall pay a compensation payment which is equal to the current replacement retail value of the furniture which has not been returned. In addition a loss of hire charge not exceeding 12% per day of the retail value of the missing furniture will be paid by the Customer should the Company not receive payment within 10 days of the written demand.
13. It is the responsibility of all Customers to ensure that all equipment should be emptied of all personal belongings as no responsibility can be accepted for their safe custody.
14. The Company does not accept any liability for any damage or injury to goods or persons caused by the misuse of the equipment.
15. The Company accepts liability for injury or death to persons arising out of its negligence.
16. Without prejudice to clause 18 above the Company does not accept liability for any loss or damage (including indirect contingent or consequential) cost claims or expenses suffered or incurred by the Customer or by any third party arising out of or in connection with the supply, delivery, use or misuse, non use, collection or return of the hire furniture or any part therof.
17. Without prejudice to any of its rights the Company may terminate or suspend the supply to the Customer without notice and recover possessions of the hire furniture if the Customer: a) is in breach of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions, or b) presents or allows to be present an application for an interim order or a petition for bankruptcy within the meaning of the Insolvency Act 1986 or allowing a levy against the Customer of any distress execution, or c) the Customer enters into or attempts to enter into a composition with creditors or goes into liquidation, or d) a receiver or administrator is appointed in respect of the Customer’s assets or any of them or a meeting whether formal or informal is called of Customer’s creditors.
18. Any waiver by the Company of any breach by the Customer of these terms and conditions is limited to the particular event. No delay to act on a particular breach by the Company shall be deemed to be a waiver.
19. These terms and conditions govern the hire / supply of goods to the exclusion of any other oral or written agreement. No notification of these terms and conditions shall be effective without the prior written consent of the Company.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed and constructed and shall take effect in accordance with the Laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
21. The Company may assign the benefit of its contract with a Customer at any time after giving written notice to the Customer. The Customer may not assign this agreement without the prior written consent of the Company.
22. Instructions of the Customer (different from those on the requisition) cannot be carried out, unless given in writing to the Company 14 days prior to action required and accepted by the Company in writing.
23. Transport is negotiable according to the venue.
24. The Company reserves the right to alter ranges, specification and prices of any products offered in its catalogue and all are offered subject to availability and the company shall not be bound by any order placed by the Customer until it has notified the Customer in writing of its acceptance.
25. The Company reserves the right without prior warning to make substitutes of a reasonable similar quality for items that are unavailable.
26. For non-account customers 100% of the agreed price must be forwarded with the Customer’s order, cheques made payable to Applemed Exhibitions.
27. Any complaints that may arise must be submitted in writing while this hire furniture is in use at an exhibition/event to ensure that they are fully investigated on site.
28. All dimensions are quoted in millimetres and are approximate.
29. Where the Company, take receipt, store and transport goods to and from site on behalf of Customers, it is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure all goods are clearly labelled and fully insured during this period.
30. Given the individual nature of our business we are only able to offer an exchange guarantee for goods / services within 365 days of the originally agreed date. Once your order has been confirmed and payment received we are unable to provide a refund. Any credit issued will be usable against future goods / services supplied by the company to the value agreed.
Website Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Applemed Exhibitions’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit 2 Pacific Business Park, Pacific Road, Cardiff, CF24 5HJ, UK. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.